Global Indices 10-Jul Prev_Day Abs. Change
Russell 3000 1,624 1,618 6 0.36
Nasdaq 10,617 10,548 70 0.66
FTSE 6,095 6,050 46 0.76
Nikkei 22,291 22,529 -238 -1.06
Hang Seng 25,727 26,210 -483 -1.84
Indian Indices 10-Jul Prev_Day Abs. Change
S&P BSE Sensex 36,594 36,738 -143 -0.39
Nifty 50 10,768 10,813 -45 -0.42
Nifty 100 10,920 10,963 -43 -0.39
Nifty 500 8,814 8,852 -38 -0.42
Nifty Bank 22,398 22,907 -509 -2.22
S&P BSE Power 1,569 1,579 -10 -0.66
12,804 12,848 -44 -0.35
S&P BSE HC 16,571 16,461 110 0.67
Date P/E Div. Yield P/E Div. Yield
10-Jul 24.25 1.06 28.27 1.49
Month Ago 21.54 1.09 24.41 1.51
Year Ago 27.84 1.21 28.20 1.27
Nifty 50 Top 3 Gainers
Company 10-Jul Prev_Day
RIL 1878 1824 2.95
Sun Pharma 494 482 2.48
HUL 2224 2176 2.20
Nifty 50 Top 3 Losers Domestic News
Company 10-Jul Prev_Day
Axis Bank 440 454 -3.12
IndusInd Bank 539 557 -3.11
Titan Industries Limited 962 992 -3.00
Advance Decline Ratio
Advances 967 618
Declines 1705 1268
Unchanged 161 69
Institutional Flows (Equity)
FII Flows* -20724
MF Flows** 40106
Jul 2020; **3
YoY(%) Current Year Ago
Mutual Fund Investments are subject to market risks, read all scheme related documents carefully.
Since May-17, MOSPI has revised base year of IIP & WPI from 2004-05 to 2011-12, and for CPI from
2010 to 2012
• Indian equity markets slipped as relentless rise in covid-19 cases both in
India as well as on the global front continued to weigh on investor
• Key benchmark indices S&P BSE Sensex and Nifty 50 lost 0.39% and 0.42%
to close at 36,594.33 and 10,768.05 respectively.
• The overall market breadth on BSE was weak with 967 scrips advancing and
1,705 scrips declining. A total of 161 scrips remained unchanged.
• On the BSE sectoral front, S&P BSE Energy was the major gainer, up 2.29%
followed by S&P BSE Telecom, up 0.75% and S&P BSE Healthcare, up 0.67%.
S&P BSE Bankex was the major loser, down 2.22% followed by S&P BSE
Finance, down 1.95% and S&P BSE Consumer Durables, down 1.81%.
• The National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) announced the introduction of
uniform gold standard NSE Refiner Standards (NRS) for Bureau of Indian
Standard (BIS). This will allow for the acceptance of gold bars provided by
the Indian domestic refiners to settle the gold futures contracts traded on
the NSE platform.
• The Prime Minister of India inaugurated Asia's largest 750 MW solar power
project at Rewa in Madhya Pradesh. The mega solar power project consists
of three solar generating units of 250 MW each located on a 500-hectare
plot of land situated inside a solar park. This project will benefit the poor,
middle-class families, farmers and tribals of the state. The project will make
Madhya Pradesh a hub of cheap and clean electricity.
• According to a major credit rating agency, revenues from the automotive
component sector in FY21 could decline 14% to 18% amid weak demand
across domestic manufacturers of original equipment, replacement and
exports. The agency further said that while the auto components industry
got hit due to coronavirus outbreak and lockdown, mission critical
replacement parts like batteries and tyres would be less impacted.
• According to data analytics firm, PropEquity, housing sales declined 67% at
21,294 units across nine major cities during Apr-Jun 2020 amid outbreak of
the coronavirus pandemic and lockdown across the country.
• Tata Motors reported 64% YoY decline in group global wholesales,
including that of Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) to 91,594 in Jun 2020 quarter
FY21. Global wholesales of all Tata Motors' commercial vehicles and Tata
Daewoo range in Q1FY21 were at 11,598 units, lower by 89% over Q1FY20.
• Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) reported 9.6% QoQ decline in profit before
tax (PBT) to Rs. 9,504 crore in the quarter ended Jun 2020. Net profit
declined 13.81% YoY to Rs. 7,008 crore for quarter ended Jun 2020.
• Asian markets slipped as a surge in coronavirus cases stoked fears that new
lockdowns could be reinforced which shall take a toll on the economic
recovery. Investors also remained cautious ahead of the corporate earnings
season. Today (as on Jul 13), markets traded higher, led by optimism over
potential covid-19 vaccine. Both Nikkei and Hang Seng are up 1.55% and
0.79% (as at 8:00 AM IST), respectively.
• European markets closed on a firm note amid optimism over potential
coronavirus vaccine and encouraging economic data from France and Italy.
• U.S. markets rose as upbeat news on potential covid-19 vaccine and its
treatment outweighed reports of a record daily increase in new coronavirus
cases of more than 63,000.