Constitution: Nippon India Mutual Fund has been constituted as a trust in accordance with the provisions of the Indian Trusts Act, 1882.
Sponsor: Nippon Life Insurance Company
Trustee: Nippon Life India Trustee Limited
Investment Manager: Nippon Life India Asset Management Limited
The information provided on this website is meant only for general reading purposes and the views being expressed only constitute opinions and therefore cannot be considered as guidelines, recommendations or as a professional guide for the readers. Before making any investments, the readers are advised to seek independent professional advice, verify the contents in order to arrive at an informed investment decision
None of the Sponsor, the Investment Manager, the Trustee, their respective directors, employees, affiliates or representatives shall be liable in any way for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, including on account of lost profits arising from the information contained in this material.
The contents available on the website are as on a particular date; therefore the viewers/ investors may at their discretion, seek latest/ updated information.
Mutual Funds and securities investments are subject to market risks and there is no assurance or guarantee that the objectives of the Scheme will be achieved. Investors are advised to also read the Scheme Information Document, Statement of Additional Information and Key Information Memorandum for Scheme specific relevant details & risk factors and before making any investments.
Nippon Life India Asset Management Limited (“AMC”), a company incorporated under The Companies Act, 1956, has been appointed as the Investment Manager to the Schemes of Nippon India Mutual Fund (“Mutual Fund”), a mutual fund registered with Securities and Exchange Board of India (“SEBI”). Nippon Life India Trustee Limited (Trustee Company) is the Trustee to the Mutual Fund. Nippon Life Insurance Company is the sponsor of the Mutual Fund (“Sponsor”).
The AMC respects the investors/customers/clients right to privacy. We recognise that the lawful and correct treatment of personal data and information is very important to maintain investor confidence.
The AMC recognises that in the course of business either directly through the investors, client, customers whether existing or prospective or while dealing with third party vendors ,distributors etc. (“Information Provider”/ “You”) may become privy to information which may include personal and confidential information as well. We are committed to protecting the privacy of the Information Provider and pursuant thereto have established policies and procedures which deal with the storage, possession, retention and the handling of such information which can be personal and sensitive.
The terms as may be used in this document would be in accordance with “The Information Technology Act 2000 as amended till date, Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011” and such other rules/regulations and Circulars as may be applicable.
- All references to the masculine shall include the feminine and all references, to the singular shall include the plural and vice-versa. All references to client/customer/investor whether masculine or feminine include references to non-individuals also unless repugnant to the context thereof;
- Any reference to any statute or statutory provision shall be construed as including a reference to any statutory modifications or re-enactment therein from time to time;
- Headings are for ease of reference only.
Below is an indicative list of the information that may be collected from the Information Provider, which in part enables the AMC to identify the Information Provider, excluding any information which is already available in the public domain (“Personal Information”):
- Name, residential address office address, age, gender, mobile or telephone number, email id, fax numbers etc.;
- Bank Account details, including information regarding change of bank account details, types of accounts, bank statements, beneficiary account details etc.;
- Payment instrument details or any other details of debit card obtained (if any);
- Generation and storing password (PIN) in encrypted form based on the request from the investor under the online mode of investments;
- KYC documents
- Biometric information obtained, if any;
- Information relating to your identity, work, date and place of work, Permanent Account Number, nationality, domicile, marital status etc.;
- Demat Account details like beneficiary account number etc.;
- Annual income and savings profile; and
- Other information collected as may be considered as sensitive and personal.
- The aforesaid information is being collected by the AMC to respond to your requests, to process the investment applications and to also ensure safe subscriptions/redemptions through points of acceptance in physical form, website, online portals, Automated Teller Machines and such other mode.
- The Personal Information enables us to provide investors/clients/customers with good, qualitative, timely and efficient service such as to be able to manage your portfolios, give you information regarding our portfolio, manage your queries etc.;
- To carry out an assessment of the applications and requests you place with us, and carry out an anti-fraud, suspicious activity check, or any other regulatory check which the AMC may be directed to do or is bound to do under applicable law;
- To share your information with our service providers and vendors.
- KYC documents
- To be compliant with the Know Your Client (“KYC”) norms under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002, (“PMLA”), the rules issued thereunder, and guidelines and circular on Anti- Money Laundering issued by SEBI and SEBI (Mutual Funds) Regulations, 1996 as amended till date.
- We may also use the information shared by investors/clients/customers to contact investors/clients/customers regarding the products and services offered by us and seek feedback on the services provided.
LEGAL BASIS OF PROCESSING THE DATA
We are permitted to collect, process and retain the Personal Information basis the following grounds:
- You have given your explicit consent for processing of the Personal Information by us;
- The processing of the data provided you is integral for the AMC to perform its duties and obligations under the contractual arrangements which it has entered into with you or the same is necessary qua any legal obligation that is applicable to us;
- Processing the data is required for a legitimate purpose pursued by us or a third party;
- Such information may also be used by us to generate statistics and reports and/or to protect and defend the rights, interest and property of the Mutual Fund, AMC, Trustee Company, Sponsor & its affiliates and directors and/or to enforce legal rights or provisions of the Scheme related Documents of the Mutual Fund viz. Scheme Information Document (SID), Statement of Additional Information (SAI) and Key Information Memorandum (KIM);
- To continue to provide and improve our services to You;
- When the same is necessary for compliance of any applicable law;
- To prevent, detect, investigate any fraud or alleged fraud or instances of money laundering or any other such activity which is punishable under the applicable laws;
The AMC further declares that the Personal Information may be disclose if the same is necessary to protect the legitimate interests and rights of the AMC, the Mutual Fund, the Trustee Company, the Sponsor and any other affiliate, to enforce our legal rights and be in compliance with any applicable law or under the directions of any court, tribunal, judicial/quasi-judicial and/or statutory authority.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The AMC may share the Personal Information with our affiliates, Registrar and Transfer Agents (as defined under the relevant SEBI guidelines), banks, custodians, depositories, vendors, service providers, distributors, attorneys, accountants, auditors, call centres, external third parties who are involved in clearing the transactions, with intermediaries, whose ARN stamp appears on the application forms / transaction slips, post office, couriers and other intermediaries involved in any electronic transfer of information or monies, court, tribunal, judicial/quasi-judicial and/or statutory authority, arbitrators.
Further, we permit only authorized employees who are trained in the proper handling of customer information, to have access to aforesaid information. We would ensure to enter into suitable terms with third party service providers in order to protect client confidentiality and follow a non-disclosure or restricted disclosure policy. Further, the employees who violate the privacy and confidentiality promise shall be subjected to disciplinary action.
The Information Provider expressly and unequivocally, gives their consent that the Personal Information may be used to produce statistics reports for internal as well external use, which may be forwarded to affiliates, intermediaries, successors, vendors, advertisers and also gives their consent for sharing of the Personal Information as highlighted above. Additionally, we shall reveal only such information to external authorities as may be found relevant and necessary in order to comply with the applicable laws and to third party service providers to ensure smooth functioning of the activities as may be prescribed under applicable laws and the use of the Personal Information will be communicated with the third parties for the reasons consistent with the purpose for which the Personal Information was originally taken.
We may also be required from time to time to disclose the Personal Information to governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or our regulators based on their requirement to comply with the applicable laws including cyber laws.
The AMC may retain the Personal Information of the Information Provider for as long as required to provide the services or as otherwise required under law or establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
Despite our efforts to protect the Personal Information, if any unauthorized persons breaches security and control measures and illegally use such sensitive/personal data or information, the Mutual Fund, AMC, Trustee Company, Sponsor and its affiliates and directors shall not be held responsible/liable for the same.
In case if any of the data/information is found to be inaccurate or incorrect, you shall be required to intimate us of the same for immediate amendment. The AMC and any person acting on its behalf shall not be responsible for the authenticity of the Personal Information or sensitive personal data, or information supplied by you. It is further recommended that the investors should necessarily choose their passwords carefully so as to mitigate the risk of such an unauthorised access, and also to not disclose the same to anyone.
We adopt reasonable security procedures to protect and safeguard your Personal Information which are commensurate to the standards of best practices including all operation, technical, physical security controls to prevent any breach or unauthorised access of Your data while its in our control and use.
The Information Provider, especially the investors understand that trusted third parties who act on our behalf for example, in clearing or processing of a transaction etc. are under contractual obligations to ensure similar reasonable safeguards. However, the investors and/or the Information Provider shall not be covered by the terms of this Policy if they access other websites using links from this website.
We endeavour to have suitable technical, operational and physical security controls and measures to protect the Personal Information or any other information that is commensurate with the nature of our business at all times.
If investors/customers/clients have any concerns relating to their personal and sensitive information they may be addressed to the Grievance Officer, Mr. Milind Nesarikar.
For more details please refer to the Scheme related documents available on our website viz. https://mf.nipponindiaim.com.
Investors/clients/customers shall have expressly consented to the terms of this Policy if they enter and use this website or provide any information while transacting with us.