If someone thrust a gun in your ribs and said that sentence, what would you do? Most of us would turn over our wallets. The threat works because we value our lives more than we value our money. Or do we?
The key question is - Are we making a living or making a dying? Are we killing ourselves, our joy, fun and freedom because of our jobs? Are we sacrificing our lives for money?
The book starts by asking these very basic but powerful questions like -
• Do you have enough money?
• Are you spending enough time with family and friends?
• Do you come home from your job full of life?
• Do you have time to participate in things you believe are worthwhile?
• If you were laid off from your job, would you see it as an opportunity?
• Are you satisfied with the contribution you have made to the world?
• Are you at peace with your money?
• Does your job reflect your values?